remember back in windows xp when you can change oem logo and support information ?
you can do the same in windows vista as easy as creating a simple graphic and a text file.
- first of all, create an image file in bmp format with maximum size of 200 x 200 px or if you’re too lazy, go to google images search and search for your favorite images, just remember that it must be maximum 200 x 200 px and in bmp format.
- save the as oemlogo.bmp in c:\windows\system32\ folder or other folder as you like (just remember to adjust the value of “Logo” below to the folder where you save your oemlogo.bmp)
- open notepad, copy and paste the following registry code (adjust the value to suite your needs) :
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- save the file as whatever.reg (must be .reg file for easier merge to registry)
- double click/run the file and answer yes to merge the value to registry
you’re all done.