Here’s how to totally get rid of Net-Worm.Win32.Kido also known as :
This step by step will explain how to clean this worm includes all the variant.
- Download the following patches from microsoft :
If you can’t download from the above link, use the following link :
- Download Kido Killer from Kaspersky or if you can’t download it from Kaspersky, use www.drivercabinet.com download
- For better results you’re suggested to disconnect from the network (disable your network or simply plug the network cable out)
- Run all the Microsoft patch above, when asked to restart, restart you computer
- Extract KidoKiller. Before you run kidokiller, this program from kaspersky got a few command switch that you can use such as :
- -p [scan path] to scan specified folder
- -f to scan all hard disks
- -n to scan all network disks
- -r to scan removable drives
- -y to end program without pressing any key (program will automatically closed when the scan is done)
- -s to run the program in silent mode, without command prompt window appears
- -z to restore BITS Service, Windows Automatic Updates Service and Error Reporting Services
- -x to restore display of hidden files (new variant will always set the hidden files and folder to hidden mode even you has change the settings, this switch fix it)
- -a to disable auto start or auto run on all drives
- -help to show information about the program (including all the switch and option available)
Suggested use of switch :
kkiller.exe -f -r -y -z -x -a
When the scan finished, your system should be clear from Net-Worm.Win32.Kido also known as conficker, kido, downup, downadup.
Update your antivirus to avoid future infection.