oracle JD Edwards comes with two activex control for internet explorer which are :
- jdeexpimpU.cab / jdeexpimp.cab : active x control for export / import
- jdewebctlsU.cab / jdewebctls.cab : active x control for media object
if you come here by search engine then you’re most likely have problem installing it and want to know the manual way to install it. Well, you just come to the right place … here’s how to manually install JD Edwards active x control.
- Find the cab files under your web server directory. Usually it’s under /axctls/ folder
- Copy the file to your local disk and extract it. There should be two files for each .cab file which are .inf and .ocx file. You will only need .OCX file. Do it for both cab files.
- Copy all .OCX file to your clients local disk under %windir%\Downloaded Program Files
- run the following command to register the active x :
regsvr32 "%windir%\Downloaded Program Files\jdeexpimpU.ocx"
regsvr32 "%windir%\Downloaded Program Files\jdewebctlsU.ocx"
That’s all what you need to do …