some of you might still asking how can we change root password on ubuntu linux installation. well here’s the easiest step to do that.
- Launch your konsole / terminal
- execute the following command and then press enter:
- insert your current user password and press enter
- once you got into root shell (# prompt mark instead of $) execute the following command and press enter :
- insert your new password (twice)
That’s it … you’ve already change your ubuntu root password. Next time you execute sudo / su use your new password when asked.