If you ever need to restart your informix database without restarting the whole linux system, follow the step by step below :
- login as user with root access to your linux system
- go to your informix bin folder
- in console, type : onshutdown.sh and wait for the shutdown process to finish
- confirm if informix database has been shutdown by typing : onstatus
- start informix database by typing : oninit
- reconfirm if informix database has started by typing : onstatus
Thats it … you have successfully restart your informix database running in linux system.